Caprese Orzo Salad. Traditional Italian Caprese Salad, which is a very popular appetizer and side dish, is slices of the freshest mozzarella cheese layered with a big fresh basil leaf, a slice of ripe tomato, drizzled with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a light sprinkling of salt. Caprese anything is a pretty equal opportunity-type recipe. But so is the creamy, water-packed mozzarella.
Cook orzo according to directions, drain and rinse with cold water. You want it to be cold so that when you mix the mozzarella in, it doesn't melt. Mix the cooled orzo, mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil in a large bowl.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, caprese orzo salad. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Traditional Italian Caprese Salad, which is a very popular appetizer and side dish, is slices of the freshest mozzarella cheese layered with a big fresh basil leaf, a slice of ripe tomato, drizzled with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a light sprinkling of salt. Caprese anything is a pretty equal opportunity-type recipe. But so is the creamy, water-packed mozzarella.
Caprese Orzo Salad is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Caprese Orzo Salad is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook caprese orzo salad using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Caprese Orzo Salad:
- Take 1 cup of dry orzo pasta.
- Make ready 1 pint of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of container of mozzarella pearls.
- Prepare handful of chopped fresh basil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Get 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Take 2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of honey.
Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Season with salt and pepper if needed. This caprese orzo salad recipe provides a double dose of basil, both raw in the salad and in the basil salad dressing! Basil and other fresh herbs are nutritious additions to any diet.
Instructions to make Caprese Orzo Salad:
- Cook the orzo in salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool, tossing occasionally so that the orzo doesn't clump together..
- While the orzo is cooking and cooling, prepare the dressing by combining the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, honey, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. You may whisk it vigorously in a bowl, shake it in a tightly-sealed jar, or pulse it in a mini food processor..
- Once the orzo is cool, transfer to a large bowl. Carefully mix in fresh mozzarella, tomato halves, basil chiffonade, and about 2/3 of the prepared vinaigrette, or as much as you prefer. Adjust salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled, stirring in additional dressing just before serving (since the dressing will soak into the pasta while in the fridge)..
Basil contains several micronutrients, including Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and manganese. In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil and vinager. Pour over the salad and mix once more gently. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer salad to serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and more pepper.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food caprese orzo salad recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!