Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style). This can be cooked using oven or charcoal grill. Transfer the skewers to the baking sheet. Pour the excess marinade into a small skillet.
Slowly bring to a boil over medium heat, then take off the stove and cool. Vietnamese-Style Sticky Chicken Skewers Recipe Print. Double or triple this recipe as needed if making skewers for a larger crowd.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chicken skewers (vietnamese style). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style) is something which I have loved my whole life.
This can be cooked using oven or charcoal grill. Transfer the skewers to the baking sheet. Pour the excess marinade into a small skillet.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have chicken skewers (vietnamese style) using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style):
- Take 600 gr of chicken breast.
- Make ready of For Marinade:.
- Make ready 1 of lemon grass.
- Take 3 of spring onion (white part).
- Take 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 3/4 tsp of paprika powder.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Take 4 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corn starch.
- Take 6 tbsp of Water.
- Get of For spread:.
- Take 1 tbsp of honey.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
Grilling Instructions: Light a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium-high. With tongs, turn skewers over and brush with more marinade. Pour the excess marinade into a small skillet. Brush the chicken all over with the reduced marinade.
Instructions to make Chicken skewers (Vietnamese style):
- Cut the chicken into small cubes, and place it in a bowl..
- Using a food processor, process all the marinade seasoning until smooth, and then pour it to the chicken. Let it marinade for 30 minutes..
- Mix 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp hoisin sauce.
- Stick the meat cubes with the bamboo skewers, probably about 4-5 cubes per skewers..
- Brush a non stick skillet with a little bit of oil, and then heat it..
- If the skillet is already hot enough, place the chicken skewers in to the pan, after 3-4 minutes brush the chicken skewers with the mixture of honey and hoisin sauce on each side until they are cooked through and has nice golden brown on them.
- Chicken skewers is ready to be served.
- Check the video how did I make this recipe on my YouTube channel: Chttps://youtu.be/eMfXoIMcPn4.
Thread chicken, lime leaf, chicken, lime leaf and chicken onto each skewer. Heat a char-grill over a medium heat. We grilled these chicken skewers over a traditional Vietnamese charcoal box, but you can easily do this on any grill or on the stove. The combination of charcoal heat and smoke caramelizes the sugar in the marinade and just brings this bbq to another level. This recipe is made with chicken but you can substitute with any protein that you want.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken skewers (vietnamese style) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!