Chicken Caprese. Chicken breasts are marinated in Italian dressing, seared in a hot skillet, and baked with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices. The chicken is topped with fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Start marinating in the morning and finish cooking when you get home.
Top chicken with cheese and tomato. Before cutting, allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes. Keep the juices in the chicken meat by giving it a minute to rest before taking a knife to it.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken caprese. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Caprese is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Chicken Caprese is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Chicken breasts are marinated in Italian dressing, seared in a hot skillet, and baked with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices. The chicken is topped with fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Start marinating in the morning and finish cooking when you get home.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken caprese using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Caprese:
- Make ready 1 pound of chicken cutlets thin sliced.
- Get 1 of large fresh ripe tomato cut into thick slices.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove minced.
- Prepare of All-purpose flour seasoned with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, Romano cheese and Sriracha seasoning.
- Take of Fresh basil and oregano chopped.
- Get 4 of green onions chopped.
- Take 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1-2 of balls fresh Burrata mozzarella cheese sliced.
- Get 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Take of Italian seasoning for sprinkling on the cheese.
Save any of the juices left in the pan for a tasty, savory drizzle. Finish the dish with balsamic glaze and fresh basil. Place chicken on same cookie sheet used to roast tomatoes. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Chicken Caprese:
- Heat oil and butter in a large sauté pan. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour and shake off excess. Add to pan and cook until browned, removing to an oven safe platter..
- In the same skillet add sliced tomatoes that have been seasoned with salt and pepper and heat through until just beginning to soften but still holding their shape. Remove tomatoes and place on top of chicken. Add garlic and green onions to pan that tomatoes were cooked in. Cook until just soft, about 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and stir, reducing slightly. Then add balsamic vinegar, basil and oregano. Stir gently and pour sauce over the chicken and tomatoes..
- Place mozzarella cheese on top of tomatoes and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Broil until brown and bubbly. Serve hot..
Chicken caprese can be served with your favorite grain or plain orzo pasta. And even though a salad is technically incorporated (caprese salad), I still like to start the meal with something bright like this cucumber salad or this hearty Mediterranean three bean salad (the bean salad is hefty enough that you can probably just make it your side. A traditional simple and flavourful Italian appetiser, a Caprese Salad (Insalata Caprese) consists of ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese and basil, drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt. With this recipe, we are adding baked chicken thighs and a tonne of flavour. The classic Italian combination of tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella is one of my favorites.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chicken caprese recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!