Little Jam Tarts. Learn how to cook great Little jam tarts. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Little jam tarts recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Little jam tarts recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends.
Cool tarts on a wire rack. Jam tarts are a perfect beginner baking recipe since they only require a few ingredients and less than an hour to make. You can substitute ready-made shortcrust pastry dough to save time or follow our recipe below to make pastry crust from scratch.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, little jam tarts. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Little Jam Tarts is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Little Jam Tarts is something that I have loved my whole life.
Learn how to cook great Little jam tarts. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Little jam tarts recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Little jam tarts recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have little jam tarts using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Little Jam Tarts:
- Get 1 of PASTRY….as follows.
- Take 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of butter at room temp.
- Take 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- Make ready 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 dash of of salt.
- Make ready 1 of FILLING….as follows.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of fruit jam of your choice…(our favorite is raspberry or marmalade).
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
- Get 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
Just fill with a little jam or, for lemon tarts, use lemon curd. These little tartlets are as simple as can be – little rounds of homemade pate sucree are filled with dollops of your favourite jam or jelly, and then baked until golden and bubbly. For a last-minute treat, prepare the shortcrust pastry dough ahead of time, and then roll out, fill and bake on the day of. Perhaps one of the best things about these little Jam Tarts is the ability to use whatever jam is to your taste.
Steps to make Little Jam Tarts:
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- TO MAKE PASTRY….
- cream butter, salt and sugar together until fluffy and a pale colour.
- whisk egg in a small bowl.
- slowly add egg to butter mixture a little at a time, mixing well.
- sift flour over butter mixture, mix just until dough forms, don't over mix.
- turn out onto lightly floured surface, cover and let pastry rest 20 – 25 min.
- roll pastry to 1/4" thickness, cut out circles using a 1 1/4" round cutter.
- line mini muffin tin with each circle of pastry.
- TO MAKE FILLING….
- in microwave safe bowl, microwave jam 20 – 30 seconds or until softened.
- stir in lemon juice and cornstarch.
- fill each tart shell with about 2 tsp jam mixture.
- bake 12 – 15 minutes or till pastry turns golden brown.
I like to use strawberry, raspberry and apricot, partly for a variation in flavours but also to give a difference in colours – like little pastry gems! Granny's Top Tips. ♥ Add a little bit of water to your jam. Simple jam tarts were always a thing I loved as a kid. My mother made them regularly and I was allowed to help. So this week's Little Jam Tarts is one to get the kids involved in.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food little jam tarts recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!