Homestyle Green Beans. Homestyle green beans like grandma used to make. Right out of a can, fool anyone even grandma. Betty demonstrates how to make Homestyle Green Beans and New Potatoes.
You can't beat old-fashioned green beans for a simple side dish that suits the whole family. Trim both ends and cut all in half, you can do this in bunches. I used to not eat green beans until I tasted these.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, homestyle green beans. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Homestyle green beans like grandma used to make. Right out of a can, fool anyone even grandma. Betty demonstrates how to make Homestyle Green Beans and New Potatoes.
Homestyle Green Beans is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Homestyle Green Beans is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have homestyle green beans using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Homestyle Green Beans:
- Take 2 lbs of fresh green beans.
- Get 1 of large yellow onion.
- Get 4 cups of water.
- Get 2 tsp of hickory liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 tsp of salt (depending on personal taste).
They are even better the next day, if there are any left over. Kids have an infamous reputation for thinking vegetables are icky. After all, when compared to more fatty and grease-loaded foods like Hot Cheetos and french fries. A throwback recipe of country/homestyle green beans, just like my grandma used to make.
Steps to make Homestyle Green Beans:
- Wash green beans. Trim both ends and cut all in half, you can do this in bunches. BUT: If you wanna go old school put them in a bowl, grab a couple empty bowls and snap those beans by hand, putting the ends in one bowl and snapped beans in the other..
- Trim onion ends, remove skin, halve pole to pole, then cut each half into thirds from pole to pole..
- Place green beans in a 2 quart pot. Add water, salt, and liquid smoke. Stir to combine. Lay onion sections on top. The water won't cover everything and that's okay..
- Place lid on pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium/medium-low and cook covered at a hard simmer until very tender, generally 1.5 – 2 hrs. Stir occasionally..
Cut off ends of green beans and snap in half. Rinse and drain both green beans and potatoes. Southern-Style Green Beans and Red Potatoes Green beans – Trimmed green beans are blanched to retain their bright color. The method of boiling them then shocking them with an ice bath keeps them not only vibrant but also tender.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food homestyle green beans recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!