Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice. Who doesn't love a night out at a Hibachi restaurant like Benihana (or Gasho of Japan from where I'm from)?! Crazy chefs, silly gags, yummy food. Instant Pot Fried Rice is a quick, easy and tasty way to use up all those leftovers.
This Hibachi Fried Rice is packed with amazingly savory flavor & has perfectly cooked Jasmine rice, frozen veggies, delicious chunks of scrambled egg. Instead of heading to Hibachi for your favorite fried rice, you can use this Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice recipe to make your own at home. In this recipe, you are using the traditional Soyaki Sauce that is used at the Hibachi grill to make their Japanese style fried rice.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, instant pot hibachi fried rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Who doesn't love a night out at a Hibachi restaurant like Benihana (or Gasho of Japan from where I'm from)?! Crazy chefs, silly gags, yummy food. Instant Pot Fried Rice is a quick, easy and tasty way to use up all those leftovers.
Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook instant pot hibachi fried rice using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice:
- Get 1.5 cups of Jasmine White Rice (Rinsed very well).
- Make ready 1 cup of frozen thawed carrots & peas.
- Get 1 of medium yellow onion finely chopped.
- Get 5 of small eggs whisked.
- Get 1 tsp of regular white sugar.
- Take 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Make ready 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chopped scallions (for garnish).
- Take 6 tbsp of avocado oil divided into equal parts (or use any neutral oil).
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Get 1.5 cups of Water.
- Take of For the Rice 1 tsp Avocado oil 1/2 tsp Salt.
How to make instant pot fried rice (hibachi fried rice). Stir, then close the lid and seal the valve. This Instant Pot Fried Rice won't have that true Hibachi texture (that's Japanese after all), but the Fried Rice will still be delicious. Plus, for Hibachi Fried Rice, butter is used.
Instructions to make Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice:
- Rinse the rice very well several times under running tap water until clear water runs through. This is very important and prevents the rice from becoming sticky. An excellent way to rinse the surface starch of rice..
- Add the rinsed rice to the steel insert of the Instant Pot along with equal amounts of water, 1 tsp avocado oil or any neutral oil & 1/2 tsp salt. This instantly flavors up the cooked rice & the oil keeps the grains nice & fluffy..
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot, seal the Valve. Pressure Cook on HIGH for 3 minutes..
- Once the pressure cooking cycle is over the Instant Pot will begin to beep. Wait for 10 minutes NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE and than release the rest of the pressure manually by moving the valve from the sealing to the venting position..
- Carefully open the lid of the pot and gently fluff the steamed Jasmine Rice with the help of a fork..
- Immediately transfer the cooked rice into a bowl or a large plate allow it to cool down and than pop it in the fridge to chill it. In the meantime proceed with the rest of the recipe. Chilling the rice will help you make the best ever Hibachi fried Rice and keep the rice grains nice and fluffy..
- Scramble the eggs Set the Instant Pot on SAUTE and keep it on NORMAL. Add 3 tbsp oil into the steel insert of the Instant Pot..
- When the oil becomes moderately hot add the whisked eggs and do not stir for about 10 seconds. Reduce the heat to LOW..
- Stir the eggs every now and than until they scramble into large chunks. Set aside the scrambled eggs. It’s very important to keep the scrambled egg pieces large. We’ll break them later..
- Make the Hibachi Fried Rice Before you begin assembling the Hibachi Fried Rice set the SAUTE function of your Instant Pot to NORMAL..
- Now, add 3 tbsp oil. When the oil becomes moderately hot add the chopped onions and saute until the begin to become limp or translucent..
- Next, add the thawed frozen veggies like diced carrots & peas (read Notes below). Saute the veggies along with the sugar for about 2-3 mins for crisp tender veggies and saute a little longer for softer veggies. It’s upto you..
- It’s time to mix in the chilled cooked Jasmine Rice. Reduce the Instant Pot Heat to LOW. Mix the rice in two batches. This will help to incorporate the veggies very well with the rice without stirring too much. I always use a spatula and than a fork to mix the rice in stages and I do it gently. As a result the rice grains do not break..
- Once you are done mixing the chilled rice add the sauce and the sesame oil. I love to mix the sauce with the oil and than pour them together. Once again gently mix the fried rice so that each rice grain is beautifully coated with the sauce. A fork always helps to fluff and mix the fried rice..
- Turn off the Instant Pot and add back the scrambled eggs. Before adding them break the larger chunks into slightly smaller chunks about 1/2 or 1 inch long. Gently mix it with the Hibachi Fried rice and enjoy restaurant quality meal with some Yum Yum sauce..
- Fridge: Lasts for 6 days in the fridge when stored in air tight container. Freezer: Lasts for 3 months when stored in portion sized freezer safe bags or containers. Easier to thaw & re-heat..
And you didn't have to slave over a hot stove. Sesame Oil is super flavorful, so be careful about over doing it! Hibachi-style fried rice cooked with chicken, green onions, and eggs is a quick and easy side dish to an Asian-inspired meal. One of my favorite parts of hibachi is the fried rice and I was determined to make it at home. This recipe is quick and easy and is sure to be a big hit.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food instant pot hibachi fried rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!