Skillet pot pie. This easy skillet pot pie is a delicious one pan dinner for your family. It's hearty and satisfying and Today we're making pot pie in a skillet – where leftover veggies and chicken or turkey meat come. This one pan Skillet Chicken Pot Pie from Delish.com makes your favorite comfort food even easier.
No rolling pin is needed for Skillet Chicken Pot Pie. Refrigerated pie crusts give you a leg up in the preparation of this classic comfort dish. Because this skillet pot pie recipe relies on whole milk instead of cream, and is loaded with lean chicken breast and vegetables like carrots, celery and peas, it definitely counts as a balanced meal.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, skillet pot pie. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This easy skillet pot pie is a delicious one pan dinner for your family. It's hearty and satisfying and Today we're making pot pie in a skillet – where leftover veggies and chicken or turkey meat come. This one pan Skillet Chicken Pot Pie from Delish.com makes your favorite comfort food even easier.
Skillet pot pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Skillet pot pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have skillet pot pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Skillet pot pie:
- Get 2 of small carrots, peeled and diced.
- Make ready 1 of medium onion diced.
- Take 1/2 cup of frozen peas (no need to defrost them).
- Get 1 of potato, par – cooked and diced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of flour.
- Get 2 1/4 cups of chicken stock.
- Get 2 cups of diced or shredded chicken.
- Make ready of salt, pepper to taste.
- Take of optional spice mix: fresh or dried thyme, rosemary, or sage. If dried suggest no more than 1/2 tsp of each.
- Make ready of Biscuit, pie or crescent roll dough – yes, the kind that comes in the tube!.
Inspired by the time-tested classic, chicken pot pie, we decided to take things in a southwestern, Tex-Mex direction and turn our meal into a chili pot pie. This pot pie is prepped on the stove, baked in the oven, and served directly in the skillet—which saves time doing dishes! For those looking to save time upfront, a pre-made pie crust works as well as a. An easy homemade chicken pot pie recipe made entirely in a cast iron skillet!
Instructions to make Skillet pot pie:
- Oven to 375.
- Saute carrot and onion in butter for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add flour and cook the roux for 2-3 minutes. It will start to turn a golden color and will smell really good..
- Add herbs if using. Add stock. It needs to come to a boil and thicken a bit. Should only take a few minutes..
- Remove from heat. Add chicken, peas and potato. Any extra vegetables you have would be delicious. Quicker cooking veggies can go in raw. Veggies that take a while should be par-cooked..microwaves are great for this!.
- Taste for salt. Add if needed. The amount will depend on how salty your stock is..
- Cover the pan with the dough of your choice. Use the instructions that came with the dough you used as a guide for cooking time. For biscuits, bake at 375 for 25 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Make sure biscuit is cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving..
This skillet chicken pot pie has the creamiest filling loaded with carrots, potatoes. Vegetarian Skillet Pot Pie. by Sheela Prakash. Learn how to make this incredibly delicious skillet vegetable pot pie with ease! The key to this easy, yummy homemade chicken pot pie is scratch filling with Pillsbury™ Grands!™ biscuits on top! This skillet chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food perfect for cold winter nights with a golden pastry crust and loaded with creamy chicken and veggies.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food skillet pot pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!