Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos. Great recipe for Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos. This is my take on these tasty little appetizers that were invented in an Irish pub in Arlington, Texas. You're welcome to add your own spin on these and encouraged to serve these up vegetarian style, with chicken, beef or pork!
Today, we're going to prepare a distinctive dish, mike's irish skins or irish nachos. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, mike's irish skins or irish nachos. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Great recipe for Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos. This is my take on these tasty little appetizers that were invented in an Irish pub in Arlington, Texas. You're welcome to add your own spin on these and encouraged to serve these up vegetarian style, with chicken, beef or pork!
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook mike's irish skins or irish nachos using 27 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos:
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- Get 8 large of Idaho Potatoes [cleaned & fully dried].
- Get 1 of Bacon Grease [to coat potatoes].
- Take 1 dash of Sea Salt [on each].
- Get 1 of Tinfoil.
- Make ready of Shreaded Meat.
- Prepare 2 large of Boneless Chicken Breasts.
- Take 1 box of 32 oz Chicken Broth.
- Get 1 cup of Guiness Stout Beer ® [you'll add 1/8 cup more after boil].
- Get 4 tbsp of Sriracha Hot Sauce ® [you'll add 4 tbs more after boil].
- Take 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic & Onion Powder.
- Make ready of Toppers [To Taste-Thin Or Fine Chop].
- Get 1 of START WITH: Liberal Amounts Of Shreaded Sriracha Chicken With Cilantro.
- Take 1 of Grated Irish Dubliner Cheese ® [has sharpness of mature cheddar-just like Tillamook but better].
- Make ready 1 of Grated Cheddar Cheese Or Mexican 3 Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Bacon.
- Get 1 of Banana Peppers Rings.
- Get 1 of Jalapeño Rings.
- Make ready 1 of Purple Onions.
- Get 1 of Green Onions.
- Get 1 of Fresh Cilantro.
- Make ready 1 of Guacamole.
- Get 1 of Sour Cream.
- Make ready 1 of Black Olives.
- Prepare 1 of Tomatoes.
- Take 1 of Red Or Green Salsa.
- Prepare 1 of Sea Salt.
This is gonna smell and look delicious. Cookpad Home of the World Famous Irish Nachos,. AS SEEN ON THE TRAVEL CHANNEL, FOOD NETWORK, PBS-DAY TRIPPER, ESPN U-ROADTRIP Natural Cut Cottage Fries with Skins, Topped with Melted Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, Chives, Onions, Tomatoes and Jalapeños. MAD MIKE'S HOMEMADE ICE CREAM MINI PERSONAL CHOCOLATE CAKE MINI PERSONAL RED VELVET CAKE.
Instructions to make Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos:
- All items you'll need are pictured here except for potatoes and bacon..
- Fry [don't burn] bacon until crispy and set grease and bacon to the side to cool separately from one another. You'll need this grease to liberally coat your potatoes later. Authors Note: It's always a good idea to save your un-burnt bacon grease in the fridge in a sealed jar. It lasts forever and can be used in just about any dish as a grease and a flavor enhancer..
- Boil chicken and everything else in the Shreadded Meat section on high for about 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Poke a hole in the center of your thickest breast. If the fluid runs clear, your chicken is cooked. If not, boil longer..
- IMPORTANT STEP: After chicken is slightly cooled, fine shread chicken with fingers and add 4 + additional tablespoons Sriracha, one healthy splash of Guiness beer [about 1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons or more. you'll want your chicken juicy! ] and 1/2 cup lightly packed, fresh chopped Cilantro leaves, no stems. Hand mix, cover tightly and sit to the side. Don't refrigerate..
- Poke a hole with a knife through the center of your raw potatoes. Coat each potato generously with bacon grease, sprinkle lightly with sea salt and wrap spuds tightly in tinfoil. Bake at °425 for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are fully baked. Authors Note: Place a cookie sheet or a sheet of tinfoil underneath your potatoes while baking. These will leak some bacon grease through the tinfoil wrap and cause your oven to smoke a bit..
- Once cooled, cut potatoes in half and gently scoop out the centers leaving about 1/4" of the outer shells in tact. Spray the whites of your potatoes with butter flavored spray and sprinkle them lightly with black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Save potato center remainders for a thickener in other dishes, hash browns or mashed potatoes. Or, you can discard them..
- Place empty potatoes skins back in the oven for 10+ minutes at °425 or, until they firm up, dry out slightly and lightly brown. Pull skins out and turn oven down to °350..
- Add some of your shreadded chicken to the base of your shells. Then add any of the items from the Toppers Section any way you'd like..
- Place stacked potato skins back in oven at °350 and bake until cheeses are fully melted. About 25 minutes. Don't worry about your veggies not fully cooking in the oven. You'll want them just slightly on the crispy side. Have your guests top their Irish Skins with additional fresh garnishments, salsas, sour cream, Sriracha and sea salt..
- Serve with ice cold Guiness Stout beers in chilled glasses. Pour 3/4 of the way up in your glasses and let beers settle for about 2 minutes before drinking. Enjoy!.
- TO MAKE IRISH NACHOS: Slice potatoes in 1/4" thick rounds, season as directed and deep fry in oil until they're soft in the middle and crispy on the outside. Grease a cast iron skillet and place a layer of fried potatoes on the bottom. Add shreadded Sriracha Chicken with a few cheese and onion toppers and add one more layer of fried potatoes. Then, pile on all of your toppers and place in a °350 oven for 25+ minutes. Bake until cheeses are fully melted and visable spuds are browned..
Wash and dry potatoes, leaving skin on. Drizzle olive oil, rosemary, and thyme over potatoes. Place potatoes, in a single layer, on a greased baking sheet. Irish Nachos are where potato skins and nachos collide and the aftermath is seriously delicious. They feature crispy roasted potato rounds, a melty Cheddar sauce, crispy bacon, sliced green onions, and sour cream.
So that is going to wrap th
is up with this exceptional food mike's irish skins or irish nachos recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!