Caribbean Style Rice.
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, caribbean style rice. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Caribbean Style Rice is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Caribbean Style Rice is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook caribbean style rice using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Caribbean Style Rice:
- Make ready 2 tbsp of veg. oil (I use canola).
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, sliced thin.
- Make ready 1 cup of long grain white rice.
- Take 1 can of Southern style black eyed peas.
- Get 2 tsp of cumin.
- Get 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- Get 1 1/2 can of hot water (I just refill the bean can).
- Make ready 1 medium of white onion, sliced thin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Knorr granulated chicken bouillon.
Steps to make Caribbean Style Rice:
- In medium sauce pan, over med/high heat, heat oil and add onion. Cook until tender.
- Add garlic. Cook until tender (a minute or 2).
- Add rice and cook until rice is golden stirring often to not burn.
- Add can of black eyed peas and 1.5 cans of hot water..
- As water is coming to a boil add cumin, bouillon, and thyme..
- Once water reaches a boil, put cover on pot and turn heat down to low..
- Allow to simmer untouched for 15 minutes..
- Stir rice and recover until all water is absorbed (about 15 to 20 minutes).
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food caribbean style rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!