Vegan Spinach and 'Ricotta' Cannelloni.
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, vegan spinach and 'ricotta' cannelloni. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Vegan Spinach and 'Ricotta' Cannelloni is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Vegan Spinach and 'Ricotta' Cannelloni is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook vegan spinach and 'ricotta' cannelloni using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Spinach and 'Ricotta' Cannelloni:
- Prepare of Cannelloni Pasta (or store bought).
- Take 2 cups of high grade flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of reduced aquafaba (chickpea liquid).
- Make ready 1 Tbsp of virgin olive oil.
- Take of Spinach and 'Ricotta' Filling.
- Get 1 1/2-2 cups of hard tofu crumbled.
- Get 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Make ready 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1/2 cup of soaked cashews.
- Make ready 3 Tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Get 1/2 cup of coconut yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 bag of spinach leaves or 5 leaves of silverbeet(stems removed).
- Take 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare of Tomato Sauce.
- Make ready 1 of x 700ml jar of Passata.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Silverbeet stems, finely chopped (if using silver beet).
- Prepare of Vegan Parmesan Topping.
- Make ready 1 cup of mixed nuts/seeds (eg. cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds).
- Make ready 3-4 Tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of dried oregano.
Steps to make Vegan Spinach and 'Ricotta' Cannelloni:
- Mix pasta ingredients to make a flaky dough…turn out onto floured surface and knead until a ball of smooth pasta dough is achieved (wet hands or sprinkle more flour as required if dough is too dry or too sticky)….rest the dough for 1/2 hour under damp tea towel…cut into manageable pieces and use pasta machine to roll pasta into lasagne sheets….cut sheets into squares and lay out for filling and rolling….Nb. only half of dough needed for this recipe. Store other half for other meals..
- Marinate crumbled tofu in onion, garlic, and lemon juice for 1 hour…blend cashews, yeast, yogurt and salt…lightly fry tofu mixture over light heat until onions are clear. Allow to cool slightly before combining with cashew mixture in a medium bowl….add shredded spinach and nutmeg…stir to combine…spoon filling onto the lasagne squares and roll them up..
- Saute chopped onion, garlic, and finely chopped silverbeet stems (if using) for 1-2 minutes….put a thin layer of passata sauce along bottom of a rectangular casserole dish…add remainder of passata to the onion mix…shake a bit of water in the jar to remove all sauce and add to frypan…simmer for 5-10 minutes..
- Lay filled pasta rolls, seam side down, into the casserole dish and cover with tomato sauce…top with a sprinkling of vegan 'parmesan' and bake for 45 min at 180 degrees celcius..
- To make vegan parmesan blend all ingredients until a fine powder is achieved. Can store in a jar in the fridge or pantry for lifespan of nuts..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food vegan spinach and 'ricotta' cannelloni recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!