Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, tapa mediterraneo. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tapa Mediterraneo is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Tapa Mediterraneo is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook tapa mediterraneo using 46 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tapa Mediterraneo:
- Get of For the pickled veg:.
- Prepare 30 g of shallot, sliced thin.
- Prepare 30 g of garlic, sliced thin.
- Make ready 100 g of water.
- Make ready 100 g of sugar.
- Get 200 g of champagne vinegar, or white wine vinegar.
- Take 10 g of coriander seed in a sachet.
- Make ready 10 g of peppercorn in a sachet.
- Make ready 10 g of basil in a sachet.
- Get 5 g of thyme in a sachet.
- Take of For the pepper curls.
- Take 2 of ea fresno chili peppers as needed.
- Get of ice water.
- Prepare of Saffron rice chip.
- Make ready 300 g of white rice, arborio or bomba preferred.
- Take 450 g of water.
- Get 30 g of saffron.
- Get 10 g of salt.
- Get of Separately, for the end: As needed boiling water.
- Get of Mussel escabeche.
- Take 1 lb of mussels, cleaned and de-bearded.
- Make ready 100 g of white wine for steaming.
- Prepare of Scallop sofrito.
- Take 500 g of scallop trim, fresh sweet scallops are best.
- Prepare 50 g of shallots sliced thin.
- Prepare 50 g of garlic, sliced thin.
- Get 50 g of extra virgin olive oil from Spain.
- Take As needed of salt.
- Take of Escabeche brine.
- Prepare of Set 1:.
- Take 650 g of water.
- Prepare 170 g of sugar.
- Take 125 g of champagne or white wine vinegar.
- Make ready 75 g of fennel, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 75 g of onion, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 15 g of parsley stems.
- Get 5 g of thai chili.
- Get 10 g of orange zest.
- Get 5 g of salt.
- Take of Set 2:.
- Take 19 g of garlic, chopped thin.
- Get 1 g of saffron.
- Take 70 g of lemon, sliced thin.
- Make ready 30 g of salt.
- Make ready 5 g of fennel sliced thin.
- Make ready of As needed, extra virgin olive oil from Spain.
Steps to make Tapa Mediterraneo:
- Pickled vegetables, and red pepper curls: For the sachet, wrap all ingredients in cheesecloth and tie with twine.
- Heat the water, sugar, and vinegar to a boil and then pour over the rest of the ingredients. Store overnight. Then separate the sachet and discard. Reserve the pickles for service..
- Cut the peppers in half length wise, and de-seed. With skin side down, trim the peppers by shaving off as much of the pepper as possible from the seed side/inside. Discarding all the ‘juicy’ part, and leaving a thin, mostly skin pepper. Slice the peppers very thin, as thin as possible. Place them in ice water and allow to chill for one hour. They should curl very tightly into nice shapes. Reserve for service, as garnish..
- Saffron rice chip: Rinse the rice, and then bring to a boil in the measured amount of water. Reduce to medium heat then cook in a pot with the saffron and salt, covered for 30 minutes or until fully tender..
- Transfer in small batches to a vitamix or high speed blender, a thermomix would work very well. Add a small amount of boiling water just enough to help the rice mix, and blend on high for 3 minutes each batch, until the rice is fully smooth and pureed. Transfer all the finished rice puree to a non-stick sautee pan..
- Cook on low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula until very thick and dry. Do not allow it to get on the edges of the pan or it will dry and you will get solids in your rice puree. Once you have thickened the puree, spread on to a silpat or silicone mat. Acetate paper would work as well. Then dehydrate in an oven or commercial dehydrator at 120 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 hours, until fully dry and crispy. Fry at 350 degrees F until puffed and crispy, then dry on a p.
- Scallop sofrito: Sweat garlic and shallots in the olive oil from Spain, then add the scallop trim. Cook on low heat, slowly caramelizing. Cook for 8 hours, on a diffuser or very low heat, adding water as necessary to ensure it doesn’t burn but just slowly caramelizes. Once it is dark, and rich in flavor and color, puree completely smooth in a vitamix blender. Once smooth, pop the air out of the puree in a cryovac machine..
- Transfer to a squeeze bottle or piping bag. Fill all your cleaned, brined mussels escabeche with the sofrito and reserve.
- Mussel escabeche: Steam the mussels..
- Heat wine to a boil, then add cleaned mussels into the pot and cover with a lid. Cook until all mussels are cooked and opened fully. Drain into a perforated pan and cool in the refrigerator. Once cool, open the mussels and trim all of the gills and excess anatomy out to make room for the sofrito filling..
- Escabeche brine: For preparation, add all ingredients of set 1 to a container, other than the water. Separately heat the water to a full boil and pour over the ingredients of set 1 and let it steep tasting frequently for about 5 minutes, making sure it doesn’t get too spicy. Then strain through a fine mesh sieve..
- Pour the liquid from set 1, previously steeped, over the ingredients of set 2 and let steep in the refrigerator overnight. Then take this liquid and pour over your cleaned, shucked, steamed mussels. Then topping with Spanish extra virgin olive oil to cover, and reserve in the refrigerator overnight to marinade..
- Building the tapa, and cilantro leaf garnish: As needed cilantro leaves, the small, perfect leaves, picked from the bunch..
- To build the tapa, have all ingredients from the included recipes completed to perfection and ready for service..
- Start with the saffron chip, as your base. Next add your mussels escabeche, that are stuffed with the scallop sofrito. About two per tapa are good, depending on size..
- Then, add your pickled shallots and garlic, in a ratio of about 2 shallot and 1 garlic per mussel, depending on size. Next garnish with your beautiful red fresno pepper curls. Finally garnish with the fresh cilantro leaves, adding a beautiful green to our tapa. Serve on a bowl or dish of your choosing, I recommend something with a rice or grain as the base to help stabilize the tapa..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food tapa mediterraneo recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague an
d friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!