Aloo bonda (fried potato balls). Aloo bonda recipe or potato bonda is a popular South Indian snack and a street food. Aloo translates to potato and bonda to a ball shaped fritter. Aloo bonda are served in almost all tiffin centers and restaurants in Karnataka for the evening Tea time snack.
If it's helpful please like and subscribe. Hope you have fun making them and please read description for. Aloo Bonda, also known as Batata Vada, are wonderful little spiced potato balls coated in a chickpea flour batter and deep fried.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, aloo bonda (fried potato balls). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Aloo bonda (fried potato balls) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Aloo bonda (fried potato balls) is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Aloo bonda recipe or potato bonda is a popular South Indian snack and a street food. Aloo translates to potato and bonda to a ball shaped fritter. Aloo bonda are served in almost all tiffin centers and restaurants in Karnataka for the evening Tea time snack.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook aloo bonda (fried potato balls) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Aloo bonda (fried potato balls):
- Take of For tempering:.
- Get 2 tbsp of cumin seed.
- Get 2 tbsp of black mustard seed.
- Get 3 tbsp of urad dal split.
- Get 5-6 of curry leaves (dried).
- Prepare of For filling:.
- Make ready 3 of large potatoes (peeled and cube cut).
- Prepare 1 of large onion (thin sliced).
- Prepare 1 stick of ginger (grated).
- Take 4-5 of green chili (finely chopped).
- Get of For the batter:.
- Get 1/2 cup of gram flour (besan).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice flour.
- Take 2 tbsp of turmeric.
- Get 2 tbsp of red chili powder.
- Make ready 1 cup of canola oil.
bonda recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. a popular snack which is also known as mumbai batata vada or bombay potato a deep fried spicy potato dumpling. it is prepared with spiced mashed potato baji which is then coated with besan batter and then deep fried till golden. Bonda is a deep-fried South Indian potato snack that has various sweet and savory versions in different regions. Most common of which is "Aloo Bonda" (Potato Bonda), and other region specific variations including potato replaced with sweet potato, tapioca, grated pineapple, green peas. Potato Balls or Aloo Balls as they are known in Trinidad and Tobago and Guyana is a savory mixture of mashed potatoes rolled into balls, battered and deep-fried.
Instructions to make Aloo bonda (fried potato balls):
- Firstly boil the potatoes but let them not be slushy. Using strainer discard the water off.Mash the potatoes and keep aside..
- Add in cumin, mustard seeds, urad dal in heated oil in a pan and let them splutter on. Meanwhile add in the chopped onion, green chilis, curry leaves and ginger and sauté well. In a bowl add this mixture with the potatoes and knead well while being hot. Take small batches out of it and using your fingers roll out small balls..
- In a separate bowl add in the besan, rice flour, turmeric and red chili powder. Add a small amount of water to make a smooth batter that is not too thick or thin. Take a wok and fill it with oil and dip the potato balls in batter and pour into the oil. Deep fry in batches and serve with rice puffs..
It can be eaten by itself but it is often served with some kind of chutney (not the North American type of chutneys). Batata Vada also known as aloo bonda, deep fried savory appetizer made with spicy potato mix. When they are serve hot they are crispy outside and soft inside. Dip the potato balls into the batter one at a time, making sure the potato balls are completely covered with batter. Aloo Bonda is an Indian snack where spicy potato filling is wrapped with a crispy chickpea flour covering.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food aloo bonda (fried potato balls) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!