Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop. Hurry & Save On Your Favorites Today. Serve the hot mochar chop / banana blossom appetizer with kasundi (Bengali mustard sauce) or any sauce of your choice. Now take the stuffing (completely cool down) and first make a round shape ball.
Its not only nutritious but also delicious. I have already shared a traditional Bengali recipe mochar ghono or banana blossom dry curry. Place the chopped banana flower and the water in a large cooking pot.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, banana blossom appetizer or mochar chop. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Hurry & Save On Your Favorites Today. Serve the hot mochar chop / banana blossom appetizer with kasundi (Bengali mustard sauce) or any sauce of your choice. Now take the stuffing (completely cool down) and first make a round shape ball.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook banana blossom appetizer or mochar chop using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop:
- Take 1 cup of banana flower(mocha) chopped and boiled.
- Take 2 of potatoes boiled.
- Get 1 of onion chopped.
- Make ready 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of gramflour.
- Get 2 tbsp of cornflour or maida.
- Make ready 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Get 1 tbsp of roasted peanuts.
- Make ready 2 of green chillies chopped.
- Make ready 1/4 of th tsp red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 of th tsp garam masala.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of coriander chopped.
- Take As needed of oil for frying.
- Make ready To taste of salt and sugar.
Bring to a simmer on medium heat. Drain the banana flowers and squeeze out any excess moisture. It is the flower of the banana tree. Banana flower is an exotic vegetable that is relished in many forms like Banana Blossom Curry also called 'Mochar Ghonto', or in the form of vegetarian cutlets or chops and so on.
Steps to make Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop:
- Discard the purple petals of banana flower or mocha.Take out all the flowers inside each layer.Peel and remove the hard stick like stigma with round head and a transparent petal in each flower.Now chop the flowers finely and soak in a turmeric and salt solution for few hours or overnight.Discard this water if it tastes bitter.Pressure cook the chopped flowers with 1.5 cups water upto 2 whistles.Release pressure and strain out all water or dry up.Boil cubed potatoes and mash and mix both..
- Add ginger paste,gramflour,breadcrumbs,chopped green chillies,coriander,red chilli powder, garam masala and half crushed peanuts.Knead to form a dough.Heat 2 tbsp oil and lightly fry the onion.Add the mashed dough and toss all.Divide into round balls and flatten slightly.Make a slurry of cornflour.Dip each chop or cutlet in it and double coat in breadcrumbs..
- Refrigerate for an hour before frying.Heat 1.5 cups refined oil in a pan and deep fry the chops till golden brown.Serve hot delicious mochar chop/cutlet with tea or as a starter in parties with hot and sweet tomato sauce and sliced onion..
Every year when I visit Kolkata, 'Mochar Ghonto' and 'Mochar Chops" are must-have dishes on my list. When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece. # John Ruskin Like this classic Bengali dish – mochar ghonto. A very old, ethnic and traditional recipe, since time immemorial when Bengal was not invaded with foreign flavours. Stir fried banana blossoms with grated coconut that is so staple in Bengali food once upon a time, scented with cumin seeds and bay leaves. The magnesium in the banana blossom makes it a 'happy' flower as it is believed to reduce anxiety and alleviate your mood.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food banana blossom appetizer or mochar chop recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!