Navaratna Dal and Lentil Masala Idli.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, navaratna dal and lentil masala idli. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Navaratna Dal and Lentil Masala Idli is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Navaratna Dal and Lentil Masala Idli is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have navaratna dal and lentil masala idli using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Navaratna Dal and Lentil Masala Idli:
- Make ready 1 cup of Toor dal.
- Make ready 1 cup of Chana dal.
- Get 1 cup of Masoor dal.
- Get 1 cup of urad dal.
- Prepare 1 cup of moong dal.
- Prepare 1 cup of black channa.
- Take 1 cup of white peas.
- Make ready 1 cup of dried split yellow peas (pattani paruppu).
- Get 1 cup of green gram.
- Take 1/2 cup of idli rice.
- Make ready 4 of green chillies.
- Get 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Take 1 teaspoon of oil 1 onion finely chopped.
- Take 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 2 sprigs of curry leaves.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of curry masala powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt or to taste.
Steps to make Navaratna Dal and Lentil Masala Idli:
- Soak rice and urad dal separately. Combine other dals and lentil and soak separately. Let it soak for 3 to 4 hours..
- Grind the soaked rice,dal and lentil with cumin seeds and green chillies into fine smooth batter..
- Let the ground batter rest for 4 to 5 hours or until it ferment..
- Smear oil in idli plates and pour a ladle full of batter in it and steam for 15 to 18 minutes. Idli should be well cooked and soft..
- To make masala idlis, cut idlis into pieces as shown..
- In a frying pan,add oil on a medium heat and temper mustard seeds,urad dal and chanadal. To it add chopped onion and saute for a while. Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. To it add the masala powders and salt to taste and mix well. Add idli pieces and saute for a while. Navaratna Dal lentil and rice Masala Idlis are ready to serve. Garnish it with curry leaves..
- Serve with Tomato sauce and idli powder..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food navaratna dal and lentil masala idli recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!