Raspberry and fig custard tart. In a saucepan, combine half the figs and half the raspberries with brown sugar, white sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Transfer to a bowl and add reserved figs and raspberries. Taste and adjust lemon or sugar if needed.
Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack, then remove the pan sides and carefully slide the tart off the base onto a serving plate. Mound the fruit on top of the custard and serve. Add the flour (or cornstarch) to the eggs and sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, raspberry and fig custard tart. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Raspberry and fig custard tart is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Raspberry and fig custard tart is something which I have loved my entire life.
In a saucepan, combine half the figs and half the raspberries with brown sugar, white sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Transfer to a bowl and add reserved figs and raspberries. Taste and adjust lemon or sugar if needed.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have raspberry and fig custard tart using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Raspberry and fig custard tart:
- Make ready 1 each of pie crust baked.
- Take of Custard.
- Take 1/4 cup of cane sugar (or more to taste if not using honey drizzle)).
- Make ready 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 3 cup of whole milk.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of butter.
- Get 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 1/4 tsp of cinnamon (optional).
- Take 8 each of black mission figs.
- Make ready 1 cup of fresh raspberries.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of warm honey (optional).
Heat the remaining milk on the stove on medium. Serve with fresh raspberries and the raspberry-caramel. Trim the hard stem ends from the figs and quarter each fig lengthwise. Arrange the raspberries snugly in the center of the tart.
Steps to make Raspberry and fig custard tart:
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon..
- Add milk and whisk..
- Add egg yolks and whisk..
- Put all in pan on medium heat and continue whisking until thickens. (Up to 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla extract..
- Allow to cool..
- Pour custard into baked pie shell, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours..
- Slice figs into fours..
- Place figs and raspberries on tart..
- Drizzle with warm honey and serve..
Drizzle the warm honey over the tart. Press down the middle of each square to create a case. Whisk the custard with the egg and divide evenly between the cases. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk and vanilla to a simmer.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food raspberry and fig custard tart recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!