Spinach pakora. This spinach pakora recipe uses gram flour, carom seeds, onions, few herbs and some more spices. Consistency of the spinach pakora mixture has to be thick like dough and not like batter. Healthy Crispy Spinach/Palak Pakora/Spinach Fritter with almost NO OIL.
I had a bunch of spinach and was in a mood to eat some crispy, hot snack and settled on making these palak pakoras. Palak bonda (spinach pakora) is made with spinach, chickpea flour, rice flour, onions, herbs, and spices. Crunchy and colorful, it has a wonderful flavor and is nutritious, too.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, spinach pakora. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Spinach pakora is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Spinach pakora is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
This spinach pakora recipe uses gram flour, carom seeds, onions, few herbs and some more spices. Consistency of the spinach pakora mixture has to be thick like dough and not like batter. Healthy Crispy Spinach/Palak Pakora/Spinach Fritter with almost NO OIL.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook spinach pakora using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spinach pakora:
- Get 2 cup of besan (gram flour or chickpea flour).
- Prepare 4 cups of spinach or palak – finely chopped.
- Make ready 1 cup of chopped onion or 1 medium sized onion, chopped.
- Take 2 teaspoon of chopped ginger.
- Get 2 of green chilli, chopped.
- Make ready 2 teaspoon of fennel seed powder.
- Take 2 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Get 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Take 2 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Get 1-2 cup of water.
- Make ready to taste of salt.
- Prepare of oil for deep frying.
Spinach pakoras are delicious as a snack. Spinach pakoras can be served many different ways and they always taste great. One of my favorite ways to serve these pakoras as papdi chaat. Finely chopped Indian Spinachis combined with a few other ingredients in a chick pea based batter and fried till golden This is my version of Palak Pakora aka Spinach Pakora.
Steps to make Spinach pakora:
- Making pakoda batter Rinse the palak or spinach leaves very well and finely chop them. In a bowl add the chopped palak leaves. Then add chopped onion, chopped ginger and chopped 1 green chilli..
- Then add spice powders – fennel seed powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder. Next add 1 cup besan and salt as per taste. You could also add a pinch of baking soda at this step..
- Mix all the ingredients very well and keep aside for 5 minutes. Add water in parts. Remember the spinach and onions will release water once they are mixed with salt and the spice powders. So be careful while adding water..
- Mix the ingredients well and keep aside for 5 minutes. Then add ½ cup of water first. If the batter is still thick, then add some more water. Mix very well. Add water as required to make a medium consistency pakora batter..
- Frying palak pakoda : Heat oil in a kadai or pan. When the oil is medium hot, drop spoonfuls of the pakora batter in the oil. Fry the pakora till they become pale golden. Then turn over and fry the other side..
- Turn over a couple of times and fry all the pakoras till they are crisp and golden. Remove them with a slotted spoon. drain them on kitchen paper towels to remove extra oil..
- Serve palak pakoda hot with chutney..
Pick fresh tender spinach leaves preferably baby spinach. In case if you but the bigger variety, try chopping the thick steams and chop. Spinach Pakora/ Spinach fritters are fun to eat, crunchy snacks for lazy evenings. Palak and Onion fritters are nutritious and simply irresistible! These Baked Spinach Cauliflower Pakora are super easy.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food spinach pakora recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!