Mare’s Chicken with Potatoes and Peas. Potatoes and peas make this curry a meal-in-one, but it's also delicious with basmati rice. Thanks to Skillshare for sponsoring this video! Add chicken and potatoes; toss to coat well.
Curry chicken with potatoes is the most common chicken curry recipe in Malaysia. Everywhere you go where curries are served, you will find this type of chicken curry. For the Nyonya in Penang, chicken curry is especially popular and often served with nasi kunyit which is Malaysian coconut milk.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, mare’s chicken with potatoes and peas. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mare’s Chicken with Potatoes and Peas is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Mare’s Chicken with Potatoes and Peas is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Potatoes and peas make this curry a meal-in-one, but it's also delicious with basmati rice. Thanks to Skillshare for sponsoring this video! Add chicken and potatoes; toss to coat well.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook mare’s chicken with potatoes and peas using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mare’s Chicken with Potatoes and Peas:
- Make ready 30 of small round potatoes halved.
- Prepare 1 pound of bone in skin on chicken thighs.
- Get 1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Make ready 1 can of peas.
- Prepare 5 of bay leaves.
- Get 1 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Take of Pepper.
- Make ready 2 of carrots (optional).
In the slow cooker combine potatoes, onion, ginger, and garlic. Pour broth and tomato sauce over all. If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. Stir in peas, yogurt, and garam masala.
Steps to make Mare’s Chicken with Potatoes and Peas:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on chicken and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Place potatoes, onion, and carrots in large Pyrex. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Put chicken in top of potatoes and carrots and place bay leaves on top.
- Bake for 30-35 min until chicken is almost cooked. Remove from oven and add can of peas. Cook for an additional 10 minutes until chicken is fully cooked and browned. Enjoy!.
Cover the potatoes with aluminum foil, roast in the oven with the chicken for an hour and a half, also removing the aluminum foil after about Pour over the potatoes and toss well. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Cook until potatoes and peas are soft. If the water evaporates too soon, add more. In the end, it should not be too dry for you.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food mare’s chicken with potatoes and peas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!