Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos. Grease a cast iron skillet and place a layer of fried potatoes on the bottom. Add shreadded Sriracha Chicken with a few cheese and onion toppers. Mikes EZ Copy Cat KFC Cole Slaw.
You're welcome to add your own spin on these and encouraged to serve these up vegetarian style, with chicken, beef or pork! This Irish Potato Nachos recipe is a fun twist on traditional nachos, made with thinly sliced potatoes, crispy bacon, melted cheese and all of your other favorite toppings! They are perfect for watching the big game or a delectable appetizer at your next party.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, mike's irish skins or irish nachos. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Grease a cast iron skillet and place a layer of fried potatoes on the bottom. Add shreadded Sriracha Chicken with a few cheese and onion toppers. Mikes EZ Copy Cat KFC Cole Slaw.
Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook mike's irish skins or irish nachos using 27 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos:
- Get of Potatoes.
- Get 8 large of Idaho Potatoes [cleaned & fully dried].
- Get 1 of Bacon Grease [to coat potatoes].
- Take 1 dash of Sea Salt [on each].
- Get 1 of Tinfoil.
- Take of Shreaded Meat.
- Get 2 large of Boneless Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare 1 box of 32 oz Chicken Broth.
- Take 1 cup of Guiness Stout Beer ® [you'll add 1/8 cup more after boil].
- Get 4 tbsp of Sriracha Hot Sauce ® [you'll add 4 tbs more after boil].
- Get 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic & Onion Powder.
- Prepare of Toppers [To Taste-Thin Or Fine Chop].
- Get 1 of START WITH: Liberal Amounts Of Shreaded Sriracha Chicken With Cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of Grated Irish Dubliner Cheese ® [has sharpness of mature cheddar-just like Tillamook but better].
- Prepare 1 of Grated Cheddar Cheese Or Mexican 3 Cheese.
- Make ready 1 of Bacon.
- Make ready 1 of Banana Peppers Rings.
- Prepare 1 of Jalapeño Rings.
- Get 1 of Purple Onions.
- Make ready 1 of Green Onions.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of Guacamole.
- Get 1 of Sour Cream.
- Make ready 1 of Black Olives.
- Get 1 of Tomatoes.
- Take 1 of Red Or Green Salsa.
- Prepare 1 of Sea Salt.
I was watching Food Network a couple of years. Most recipes for Irish nachos call for baking your own potatoes. We took a very big shortcut by starting with potato chips. Our cheese sauce is made with Guinness and cheddar and a pinch of cayenne, and the whole dish is finished with crunchy bacon and freshly chopped chives.
Steps to make Mike's Irish Skins Or Irish Nachos:
- All items you'll need are pictured here except for potatoes and bacon..
- Fry [don't burn] bacon until crispy and set grease and bacon to the side to cool separately from one another. You'll need this grease to liberally coat your potatoes later. Authors Note: It's always a good idea to save your un-burnt bacon grease in the fridge in a sealed jar. It lasts forever and can be used in just about any dish as a grease and a flavor enhancer..
- Boil chicken and everything else in the Shreadded Meat section on high for about 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Poke a hole in the center of your thickest breast. If the fluid runs clear, your chicken is cooked. If not, boil longer..
- IMPORTANT STEP: After chicken is slightly cooled, fine shread chicken with fingers and add 4 + additional tablespoons Sriracha, one healthy splash of Guiness beer [about 1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons or more. you'll want your chicken juicy! ] and 1/2 cup lightly packed, fresh chopped Cilantro leaves, no stems. Hand mix, cover tightly and sit to the side. Don't refrigerate..
- Poke a hole with a knife through the center of your raw potatoes. Coat each potato generously with bacon grease, sprinkle lightly with sea salt and wrap spuds tightly in tinfoil. Bake at °425 for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are fully baked. Authors Note: Place a cookie sheet or a sheet of tinfoil underneath your potatoes while baking. These will leak some bacon grease through the tinfoil wrap and cause your oven to smoke a bit..
- Once cooled, cut potatoes in half and gently scoop out the centers leaving about 1/4" of the outer shells in tact. Spray the whites of your potatoes with butter flavored spray and sprinkle them lightly with black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Save potato center remainders for a thickener in other dishes, hash browns or mashed potatoes. Or, you can discard them..
- Place empty potatoes skins back in the oven for 10+ minutes at °425 or, until they firm up, dry out slightly and lightly brown. Pull skins out and turn oven down to °350..
- Add some of your shreadded chicken to the base of your shells. Then add any of the items from the Toppers Section any way you'd like..
- Place stacked potato skins back in oven at °350 and bake until cheeses are fully melted. About 25 minutes. Don't worry about your veggies not fully cooking in the oven. You'll want them just slightly on the crispy side. Have your guests top their Irish Skins with additional fresh garnishments, salsas, sour cream, Sriracha and sea salt..
- Serve with ice cold Guiness Stout beers in chilled glasses. Pour 3/4 of the way up in your glasses and let beers settle for about 2 minutes before drinking. Enjoy!.
- TO MAKE IRISH NACHOS: Slice potatoes in 1/4" thick rounds, season as directed and deep fry in oil until they're soft in the middle and crispy on the outside. Grease a cast iron skillet and place a layer of fried potatoes on the bottom. Add shreadded Sriracha Chicken with a few cheese and onion toppers and add one more layer of fried potatoes. Then, pile on all of your toppers and place in a °350 oven for 25+ minutes. Bake until cheeses are fully melted and visable spuds are browned..
Crispy, seasoned thin cut russet potato chips are layered in the same skillet that we cooked our bacon in, then topped Pile on your favorite loaded baked potato toppings, and serve these tasty Irish pub style nachos with a side of sour cream, pico de gallo, creamy guacamole, ranch. Irish Nachos are like regular nachos but instead of tortilla chips there are crispy sliced of baked potatoes on the bottom! I am always on the lookout for new ideas that involved my beloved guacamole and this past wee
k my boyfriend suggested that I make Irish Nachos. "Irish mike" craughwell. Irish nachos are basically loaded nachos made with french fries in place of the tortilla chips. I was really in the mood for them, especially after my Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A, and their crispy skin and sweet flesh are perfect when pairing with the savory-spicy seasonings.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mike's irish skins or irish nachos recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!