Caprese Salad. Caprese salad (Italian: insalata caprese [insaˈlaːta kaˈpreːze; -eːse] or simply Caprese [kaˈpreːze; -eːse]) is a simple Italian salad, made of sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and sweet basil, seasoned with salt, and olive oil. It is usually arranged on a plate in restaurant practice. The best Caprese Salad made from fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil leaves!
A great Caprese salad starts with great ingredients. This recipe is meant for summertime, when tomatoes are at their juiciest, sweetest, and most flavorful. Caprese salad is a simple dish made with tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese topped with balsamic glaze.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, caprese salad. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Caprese Salad is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Caprese Salad is something that I have loved my whole life.
Caprese salad (Italian: insalata caprese [insaˈlaːta kaˈpreːze; -eːse] or simply Caprese [kaˈpreːze; -eːse]) is a simple Italian salad, made of sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and sweet basil, seasoned with salt, and olive oil. It is usually arranged on a plate in restaurant practice. The best Caprese Salad made from fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil leaves!
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook caprese salad using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Caprese Salad:
- Prepare of ripe tomatoes, sliced (Roma tomatoes are great for this).
- Take of fresh mozzarella, sliced.
- Get of fresh basil (whole leaves).
- Take of extra virgin olive oil.
- Take of crushed or grated garlic (optional).
- Prepare of red wine vinegar or lemon (optional).
- Get of salt and pepper.
- Get of crusty bread (optional).
The ingredients make a refreshing snack or appetizer that you can enjoy at any time. From the Island of Capri comes possibly the most simple but delicious colourful salads. Caprese salad is delicious when tomatoes are in season! I wouldn't recommend it with hothouse or imported tomatoes, or those "crunchy water" winter tomatoes you can.
Steps to make Caprese Salad:
- If using garlic: Pour olive oil into a small bowl, add garlic and mix together to season the oil..
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella so they're about the same thickness..
- Arrange the tomatoes on a pretty serving plate, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Drizzle a bit of the olive oil over top..
- Place mozzarella on top of the tomatoes, salt and pepper lightly, then drizzle a bit more olive oil on top..
- Top with fresh basil leaves and drizzle with olive oil. Add a splash of red wine vinegar or lemon if using. (As you can see, I love lots of garlic!) Sop up the olive oil and juices with fresh bread. Enjoy..
Our easy caprese salad recipe features in-season tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fragrant basil, a drizzle of olive oil, and a spoonful of balsamic glaze. Caprese Salad or Insalata Caprese is a simple salad of fresh mozzarella and tomatoes topped with basil and a Caprese Salad. I don't think there's a better way to enjoy summer tomatoes, than with. I love Caprese Salad so much it actually hurts. I love it as a main dish salad, I love it as a side dish with beef, I love it as an appetizer before a meal, I love it as a mid-afternoon snack.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food caprese salad recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!