Sheree's Garlic Naan (Indian flat bread). Here is how you achieve that. Garlic naan bread recipe – naan bread is a traditional Indian flat bread. This version of homemade garlic naan bread is soft, buttery and garlicy.
This is the best recipe you'll find online! Even if you've never made bread at home before, this soft, chewy, garlicky Indian flatbread is easy to make and well worth the You're going to love serving it with your favorite Indian dishes. Bread-baking seems a little intimidating at times, doesn't it?
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, sheree's garlic naan (indian flat bread). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sheree's Garlic Naan (Indian flat bread) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Sheree's Garlic Naan (Indian flat bread) is something which I have loved my whole life.
Here is how you achieve that. Garlic naan bread recipe – naan bread is a traditional Indian flat bread. This version of homemade garlic naan bread is soft, buttery and garlicy.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook sheree's garlic naan (indian flat bread) using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sheree's Garlic Naan (Indian flat bread):
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of Active yeast.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of very warm water.
- Get 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of ALL PURPOSE FLOUR.
- Make ready 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 2 tbsp of greek yogurt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ghee or veggie oil.
If I could craft an idyllic. Indian bread that's popular in restaurants across the subcontinent and perfect with Dal or curries like Butter Chicken or Aloo Gobi. Great recipe for Sheree's Garlic Naan (Indian flat bread). i have had NAAN for several days. made it twice. so good. garlicky and buttery. Mash up as much garlic as you like then sprinkle it on.
Steps to make Sheree's Garlic Naan (Indian flat bread):
- in small ceramic or glass bowl… mix sugar, yeast, warm water and allow to sit for 15 minutes… should become foamy and smell like bread…(I thought it had a look and consistency of melted vanilla ice cream!!).
- while u r waiting put flour, salt, garlic powder, baking powder in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly …
- make a well or indent in the middle of the flour mixture…. and pour in yeast mixture… yogurt… milk…and the oil… .and mix well with hand or wooden spoon.
- the GREEK YOGURT add such a great texture and taste to the bread.!!!!.
- u may need to add more milk until dough forms a ball that seperates from the edge of the bowl…
- LIGHTLY…. oil the edges and bottom of the bowl ..( I took the dough out and used the same bowl… I put a very small amount of oil and oiled bottom and sides).
- put the dough back in dough and roll it around to coat dough with oil..
- cover the bowl with plastic wrap… I use a large rubber band around the edge of bowl to seal it…. out dough in a dark warm place… I just set it inside my microwave ….
- let dough rest for 30 minutes – 3 hours…..
- dough should double… knead for about 5-10 minutes. dough should be smooth..
- seperate dough into 4 equal pieces .. I lightly flour your surface and rolling pin…. my GM just used an old glass bottle for a rolling pin. I have a wooden rolling pin.. rub whatever your using with flour…..
- I press the dough by hand and then roll out each piece to the size of a salad plate……
- I allow them to sit while I prepare grill. they can also be baked….
- **** GRIDDLE….. put a very small amount of oil on the griddle… then take a piece of paper towel to spread oil lightly…. heat should be Med/ high.. when griddle is hot begin cooking naan…. each piece will puff up and resemble the surface of the moon… flip over and cook just about 1-2 minutes on the second side. remove from the griddle and liberally apply melted butter..(I use a paint brush I bought at Walmart ).
- **** BAKING….. on a cookie sheet put non stick spray on cookie sheet…. place in oven to get warm place bread in cookie sheet at 425°??? again surface should resemble the surface of the moon… u will need to just watch it. because everyone's stove is different… it should be golden. for those of u who must have a time 10-12 minutes…. liberally cover each naan with butter ….
- SERVE WARM…..
The bread puffs slightly, and will lightly brown on the sides. You can enjoy these Naan's plain or with your favorite Indian dish, such as a curry dish! Roti is Indian flat bread made with whole-wheat flour. Roti are served with a variety of cooked vegetables, lentils, and yogurt. Roti also known as Chapati or Fulka, is Indian flat bread made with whole wheat flour.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food sheree's garlic naan (indian flat bread) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!